Accounting Technician / Bookkeeper
We are actively seeking an experienced Accounting Technician / Bookkeeper to join our business to manage the accounting function across all the businesses within the Carvell Group.
The ideal candidate will come from working within an SME background with previous involvement in developing and encouraging good practice and financial systems for a minimum period of 5-years.
Candidates should have experience with Sage and be comfortable developing, understanding and communicating financial reports.
This role requires a resourceful and highly motivated individual who is experienced in working autonomously and for taking responsibility for the ownership of key processes and improvement initiatives.
The role requires interaction with the Group’s external Chartered Accountants, specialist tax advisors, banking providers and the directors of the Carvell Group businesses.
The role offers flexibility over working hours.
The job role will include:
- Timesheet, mileage, expenses, and credit card spend processing and validation.
- Purchase ledger management
- Cash collection
- Production of creditor payment schedules
- Posting of sales and purchases to Sage
- Debtor and creditor reporting
- Posting of bank transactions to Sage
- Production of monthly management accounts and reports
- HMRC compliance & filing (VAT/PAYE)
- Administration of pension scheme, private healthcare scheme and insurance schemes
- Ability to produce work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage workload with professionalism and organisation
- Can schedule and prioritise workload and adhere to deadlines
- Can communicate effectively via telephone, video call and email
- Willingness to self-learn and up-skill
- Use own initiative
- Problem solver – able to research and ability to find solutions through any means
- Confident in their ability to complete tasks
- Ability to speak up, give ideas and advice
- Schedule and chair meetings and participate in meetings chaired by others
- ICT literate with excellent use of Microsoft Office
- Identify, develop, implement, audit and update processes
- Association of Accounting Technicians Advanced Diploma in Bookkeeping Level 3 AATQB (essential)
- Develop and maintain relationships
- Assertiveness when needed
- Impulse control
- High compliance
- Maintain behaviour under pressure
- Good reasoning
- High perceptual speed
- High level of number speed and accuracy
- High confidentiality
Stockton-on-Tees, Head office.
£22,000 – £30,000 (dependent on experience) per annum plus attractive benefits package.
Both part-time and full-time (37.5hrs per week) applications will be considered.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] along with a covering letter.