Electrical Technical Assessment Officer – Roles in Multiple Regions
We are actively seeking an experienced time served electrician to join our Carvell Consulting business division to undertake audits on behalf of a leading electrotechnical certification body.
The ideal candidate will come from a practical background working within the built environment in the capacity of an electrician and has held position of Qualified Supervisor. Ideally the candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the supervision and management of an electrical contracting business.
Candidates should have experience and understanding of domestic electrical installations working within the new build and social housing sectors, however candidates without experience in working within this sector of the built environment will be considered.
Audits will comprise of both site-based technical audits of work undertaken and office-based audits of the organizations documented management system. Candidates should therefore be comfortable in reviewing documentation and in the completion and communication of technical reports.
This role requires a high level of interaction with people during the audit who are of both a technical and non-technical nature.
This role requires a highly motivated individual with a keen eye for detail who is experienced in working autonomously and a passion for their own ongoing professional development and for the ongoing development of quality and standards within the industry.
Previous auditing experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be given to the successful candidate.
Due to the nature of the role, there will be a need to travel which at times may involve staying away from home overnight in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to undertake technical reviews of electrical installations and associated documentation with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage workload with professionalism and organisation.
- Can schedule and prioritise workload and adhere to deadlines.
- Can communicate effectively via telephone, video call and email.
- Willingness to self-learn and upskill.
- ICT literate with excellent use of Microsoft Office.
- Work strictly in accordance with process and procedure.
- Ability to reference and correctly interpret British Standards and industry codes of practice.
- JIB Graded Qualified Supervisor (essential)
- Full member of the Institute of Engineering & Technology (desirable)
- Full UK driving licence (essential)
- Develop and maintain relationships.
- Assertiveness when needed.
- Impulse control.
- High compliance.
- Maintain behaviour under pressure.
- Good reasoning.
- High perceptual speed.
- High literacy understanding.
- High level of number speed and accuracy.
- High confidentiality.
Field based operating from home.
£35,000 per annum plus attractive benefits package including company vehicle for business and private use.
Full-Time, weekdays, 37.5 hours per week.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] along with a covering letter.