Working closely with the IT, development & design team you will be working on our web solutions developing new features and playing an integral part in the scoping and planning of future builds. With a solid roadmap planned for the development and release of innovative systems, you won’t be short of a challenge. You’ll have a passion for writing elegant, robust, well documented code and champion the tasks you’re assigned from concept through to completion.
The job role will include:
- Backend development of e-commerce and content websites (primary)
- Frontend development (secondary)
- Task breakdown, estimation and planning of projects
- Contributing to the ongoing improvement of working practices
- Write quality code and peer review existing code
- Build modules that are flexible and re-usable cross projects
- Documentation of user and administration manuals
- QA testing of delivered work
- Security by design
- MySQL database design
- Full stack
- Linux management
- Knowledge of MVC / ORM
- Knowledge of RESTful interfaces
- API development
- Experience with integration of payment gateways
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Awareness of accessibility and security compliance
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Exposure to AWS
- Grunt / Gulp
- Bootstrap / Foundation
- App development
- Self confidence
- Maintain behaviour under pressure
- Accuracy & attention to detail
Stockton-on-Tees, Head office based with possibility to work from our newly built distribution centre in Darlington from November 2021.
£25,000 – £35,000 (dependent on experience) per annum plus attractive benefits package.
Full-Time, weekdays, 37.5 hours per week.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] along with a covering letter.